I love this inspirational nonprofit! Have you ever heard of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Have you ever heard of their philanthropic arm called LDS Charities? LDS Charities is one of the first responders to natural disasters, economic turmoil, war devastation, etc. “Since 1985, LDS Charites has provided assistance to millions of people in 185 countries.”
Personally, I have been involved with LDS Charities many times throughout my life. I have donated to their programs as well as served as a volunteer in multiple communities. For instance, last summer there was tornado damage outside of where my husband and I were living in Texas. Through LDS Charities, we were able to go out to where the damage was and help clean everything up.
I love this inspirational organization. I love what they do, and I love the impact they make.
Here is some information about LDS Charities:
- LDS Charities is funded by generous members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as from other generous donors. They do not seek funds from government grants or large corporations.
- 100% of the donations given to LDS Charities goes towards their project expenses, which is possible because the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints covers their overhead costs.
- LDS Charities is committed to serving other’s as God would serve. They serve anyone and everyone, all races, nationalities, and religions.
- One of LDS Charities main goals is to promote self-reliance and sustainability. They do not want to simply provide handouts that can be depleted. In other words, they would rather go in and teach someone how to fish, rather than hand them a basketful of fish.
LDS Charities has a holistic approach to the service they provide. They go in and serve communities in a variety of ways. I have listed below their main programs. Be sure to check out the videos, which share examples of the work they are doing within some of these programs.
- Benson Food
- Clean Water
- Emergency Response
- Maternal and Newborn Care
- Vision Care
- Community Projects